8.21.2008

What's next?

We are moving along in the process.



Our home study at our house went great. Our social worker is super sweet and is full of great information and advice.



The only things we have left to do.

Clay has to write his autobiography before Tuesday.

We have two more home study visits(8/27 and 9/2)

We have to have proof of dog records! Ooopps I guess I need to take Oscar to the vet and get his shots. This requirement makes me laugh.



After our home study is complete we will then mail it to the government USCIS office for their approval for the I-171 "Application for Advance Processing of Orphan Petition" I don't fully understand it but it is a form that we will eagerly wait on before we can mail our dossier to Ethiopia. They said it could take up to 3 months but from what I have seen a couple of months is common.



So if our home study is done around the first of September and we wait for the I-171 for two months. That would mean our dossier should be in Ethiopia in November. The current wait time to get a referral for an infant boy is now 5-7 months. So April to July we could have a referral for an infant boy 0 to 12 months old. That isn't too far off! I am so excited.

1 comment:

Amber said...

Glad everything is moving. That is crazy about the dog records, glad our state didn't require that! I will pray for your I-171 H to come quickly, ours only took 4 weeks!

Happy #adoptionday2017

                        ADOPTION HAS FOREVER CHANGED OUR SWEET FAMILY!