9.15.2011

September 15th- A very special day!!

6 years ago today one of the sweet little boys came into our lives! He weighed 8lbs 8oz and was the cutest little thing I had ever seen! He was our first born and is SO special. He has the biggest and sweetest heart that I have ever seen on a boy.

I have to share one story that sticks in my head that shows his big heart. One day Anslee was riding her 4-Wheeler at my mom's house and we told her to go park it. We park them in the garage and to get back to the house you have to cross the gravel drive. Bowen ran up to the garage and put his tennis shoes on Anslee so she didn't have to cross the gravel in bare feet. Such a sweet heart.

Bowen is very quiet around new people but warms up quickly. Every Sunday school teacher he has ever had just falls in love with him b/c he is so well behaved and sweet. Not your typical boy. (Until he gets home!) He sits back and quietly observes everyone. He is very perceptive and is one smart little boy!

Bowen--September 2005

September 2011

September 15th is also special to our family because it is our "Gotcha Day" for Nile. He was 3.5 months old and also weighed 8lbs and 8oz. How ironic is that? That day forever changed my life. I instantly fell in love with him-the moment they placed him in my arms I knew he was mine! Nile is different than our other two. He is loud, a chatter box and doesn't meet a stranger. Nile is rough and tumble and often beats up on Bowen. Bowen is just too gentle and sweet to fight back. 

Nile--September 2009



Click here to watch our Ethiopia video.

Nile -- September 2011

3 comments:

Audrey said...

now THAT is sweet!!! :)

Unknown said...

You have a beautiful family! Congratulations :) Blessings to you.

Jesse Bouchard said...

Hi...I started a blog recently of various Bible studies. Check it out....

http://ablogblessing.blogspot.com/

Happy #adoptionday2017

                        ADOPTION HAS FOREVER CHANGED OUR SWEET FAMILY!