This is a video from one of my favorite pastor/authors John Piper. He is so passionate!
The first half of this great sermon he talks about our adoption by God. The second half is about Christian's adopting.
My notes from the sermon:
1. We adopt for God's glory.
2. In adopting a child we are not to make much of the child but enable the child to make much of God.
God is to be center of our universe, NOT CHILDREN.
3. We model for children and others the mercy and justice mingled in wise proportions.
4. Adoption will bring stress, heartache and suffering just like our adoption through Christ cost God his son's life!
5. We adopt by faith of future grace.
We don't know what adoption will bring but we DO know that his mercies are new every morning!
I was so encouraged by this sermon and it made me really think about things in a new light. I would highly encourage you to watch it. You can watch all of John Piper's sermons at this link. This is one of my favorite places to go to for good sermons to listen to while I fold laundry.